Please read our booking terms and conditions carefully before booking, as these booking conditions shall be deemed to have been accepted by you when you have paid a deposit or total for a booking at the Thatched Cottage, via online booking.
1. The Contract – Cheryl & Jeff are the Thatched Cottage property owners and trade as TCO Property Management Limited. The contract entered into is between the owner of the holiday accommodation and the holiday maker (The hirer). The contract is only effective once the completed booking form and required payment has been received and email confirmation has been sent to the hirer. The contract is subject to Scottish Law. The contract shall only arise when payment (deposit) has been made and the booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via confirmation sent to you by email. The owners reserve the right to decline bookings at their discretion. The owners offer holidays based on self-catering accommodation only.
2. Booking / Payment Method – If bookings are made more than eight weeks before the holiday start date, a deposit of 25% of the total booking cost is payable. The outstanding balance is due four weeks before the holiday start date (we send email reminders only). Alternatively, if the booking is made less than four weeks before the holiday start date, the entire holiday cost should be paid to TCO Property Management Limited with the completed booking form. We use a secure payment provider for our bookings through the direct website.
2(a) With your booking we require a £200 security deposit to be paid at least 24 hours before arrival – this can be done with booking direct on the website with your booking, bank transfer or PayPal. This will be refunded within 48 hours after departure after the property has been inspected. If there are any damages, extra cleaning or excessive laundry stains that require fixing or deep cleaning we will be in touch in regards to your refund.
2(b) Due to current guidelines check-in is from 5.30pm and check-out in by 9am.
3. Cancellation – The hirer is advised to arrange holiday cancellation insurance to give protection in the event that the hirer is unable, for any reason, to take up the holiday accommodation at the agreed time. The hirer should notify the owners in writing (via email) the details of any cancellation immediately. For any cancellation four weeks before or after the arrival date, not only will the deposit be forfeited but also the balance of the holiday will be payable by the hirer. No refunds will be given. The owners reserve the right to pursue this claim plus any legal costs incurred. If the property can be re-let then an appropriate refund may be made, but the deposit is always non-refundable. Cancellations more than 8 weeks before the arrival date, the remaining balance will not be due but the 25% deposit paid will not be refunded.
3(a) Rarely, for reasons beyond the control of the owners (e.g flood, fire, etc) we have to cancel or alter arrangements made for the hirer, in this event we will contact you as soon as possible to endeavour to find alternative accommodation, or offer a full refund of monies paid to date. We will be liable for the monies paid to TCO Property Management Limited for the booking only – no travel costs, alternative accommodation or other travel expenses will be refunded. The owner reserves the right to refuse any booking and to cancel any bookings already made if the property is unavailable for any reason, subject to a full refund of all monies paid (but no further liability). The Owner shall not be under any other liability if such cancellation occurs.
4. Complaints Procedure – If for any reason you are unsatisfied with anything about your holiday accommodation we must be contacted immediately so that appropriate action can be taken during your stay. No such matters can be dealt with upon departure or after your return home if it was not informed to us during your stay.
5. Liability – The holiday accommodation owners accept no responsibility for any damage or injury caused by use of the accommodation and any amenities and such use is at the Hirer’s own risk. The details and prices on the website may be subject to change. The information given on our web site is believed to be correct and true at the time of going to press. The owners cannot be held responsible for (and cannot accept liability for) issues outside their reasonable control such as breakdown of domestic appliances, plumbing, electrical problems, structural repairs, non-working/ slow Wi-fi, poor TV reception, invasion of pests, infestations or damage caused by exceptional weather conditions, or by noise and disturbance resulting from nearby working farms, or local events etc. No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage of property, (including pets), vehicles or vehicle contents belonging to the guest or any member of the party during their occupancy.
6. Representation – Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information given either orally or written and all such representations are made in good faith, no such representations will create any liability on the part of the Owners.
7. Occupancy – It is not permitted to exceed the maximum occupancy (stated on the web site – 9 guests plus 2 infants. 8 adults maximum ) for the Thatched Cottage, this will invalidate the holiday accommodation owner’s property insurance. The owner has the right to repossess the property with immediate effect if more people are found to be staying at the Thatched Cottage than allowed. You must not hold events, such as parties, celebrations or meetings at the property without the prior consent of the owners. You should advise us of the party size at point of booking and any changes prior to arrival.
8. Guests Undertakings – On booking the Thatched Cottage you become responsible for all members of your party and you all agree to keep the cottage clean and tidy; use the hot tub responsibly as per the guidelines sent to the Hirer, not to commit or allow any of your party to commit any act which breaks the law; not to use the property for any commercial or illegal purpose; not to sublet the property as a whole or any part thereof or otherwise allow anyone to stay whom we have not previously accepted and informed the owner as being part of your party; not to behave in an anti-social manner, breach the peace or otherwise act in a way which may disrupt, affect the enjoyment of or cause nuisance to any others particularly the occupants of the neighbouring properties. We do not accept bookings from Stag/ Hen or similar parties. There is a quiet time between 10pm-7am at the property. If, in the opinion of the owner, any person is not suitable to continue their occupation of the property because of unreasonable behaviour, damage, breaking house rules or nuisance to other parties, the contract may be treated by the owner as discharged and the owner may repossess the property immediately. The guest will remain liable for the whole cost of rental and no refund shall be due.
9. Smoking – Smoking and / or vaping are not permitted inside the property. Smoking and BBQ’s are not permitted in the enclosed garden due to the thatched roof. This has to be 10 metres away from the property. The property has smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms. Please see the information folder for information.
10. Dogs/Pets – We allow well behaved dogs/ pets at the Thatched Cottage with prior notification. There is a charge of £25 for pets. Please confirm this at the time of booking. We ask pets to be kept off all bedding and to be supervised at all times. Any damages or extra laundering that are required due to pets, the hirer will be charged accordingly.
11. Bed Linen and Towels – Bed linen, towels, hot tub towels, tea towels and oven gloves are provided. We can supply 2 travel cots and bedding is provided for them. Please request this at the time of booking. If you are staying at the Thatched Cottage for 2 weeks or more, spare clean bed linen and towels can be provided on request for a £10.00 charge.
12. Electricity, Oil and WiFi are included in the rental. We currently do not allow charging of electric vehicles by using the inside sockets of the property. Electric chargers can be found in Broughty Ferry and Dundee. One basket of firewood is included for your stay. Extra logs can be purchased for £10.00 a basket. Due to the rural location of the Thatched Cottage the WiFi may not be as fast a speed as you are used to (we cannot be held responsible for slower WiFi/ BT service interruptions nor will we issue refunds for this).
13. Refuse Collection – Please check the guest information for details of re-cycling and general waste.
14. Lost property – We regret that we cannot accept responsibility for any lost property left behind at the end of your stay. Please contact us ASAP describing what was left and where you expect it to be found and we will try to locate it collect, package & post back to you. There is an administrative charge of £5 for this.
15. Arrivals and Departures – The Thatched Cottage will be available after 4pm on day of arrival and must be vacated by 10am on day of departure. It is a contactless self check-in and the keys will be in the key safe. Instructions to access this will be emailed 24 hours before arrival. Please do not arrive early, or depart late (this can be arranged for a £20 charge subject to availability), as time is needed to thoroughly prepare the property and hot tub between lets. The accommodation must be left in the clean and tidy condition in which it was found, locked and the keys must be returned to the key safe.
16. Access – You must allow the Owner (including workmen) access to the property at any reasonable time during your occupation of the property (except in cases of emergency or where a problem needs remedying quickly and you cannot be contacted in time – in these situations the owner is entitled to enter the property at any time without giving you prior notice). The accommodation owner reserves the right to regain possession of the property in the event of a major breach of these terms and conditions. In this case all payments made will be forfeited and we would not be legally responsible to you as a result of this situation.
17. Hot Tub – Guests will be emailed a hot tub guideline to read, sign and return to the owner before check-in and before they can use the hot tub. Failure to do so will result in the hot tub not being available for your stay. The hot tub is checked twice daily as per regulations – please allow for this to happen. We will try and check this with minimum inconvenience to the hirer. If for any reason the hot tub needs to be shut off for a while (e.g chemical results are low) then the owner has the right to do so. If the hot tub has an electric error and needs shut off, then again the owner has the right to do without a refund. If the hot tub is unavailable for your stay (due to reasons out with our control), then the owner may issue a partial refund at their discretion. If the hot tub has to be shut off and drained due to misuse, or not following the strict signed guidelines then there will be no refund and the hot tub won’t be filled back up for the remainder of your stay. If there is any damage to the hot tub or misuse then the owner has the right to keep the security deposit or invoice for the damage. Please follow hot tub guidelines at all times.
18. Guest Responsibility – The supervision of children, babies, and any adults requiring care remains the responsibility of the guest at all times especially near the fence and surrounding areas where there is a steep drop, hot tub, pond, working farm and tractors. Guests should put all furniture etc back to where it was at the beginning of the rental period. Guests agree to inform owners of any damage or loss however caused, excluding reasonable wear and tear incurred during occupation. Guests should not remove any item from the property. The owner may ask for reasonable replacement costs. In the instance of damage inside, outside or to the hot tub the Owner reserves the right to keep the deposit by the payment method provided at booking or invoice for the damage.
19. Wildlife – The property is in a beautiful rural area. Please therefore expect to meet some wildlife, including the odd spider, mouse, bird, fly, bee, wasp or other creature, which may make their way into a property unbeknownst to the owner. Spiders in particular are not considered to be a pest and consume up to 2000 other insects per year. (If any of these creatures are encountered, do not panic otherwise, just open a window or a door and let them out, as this is usually what they prefer).
20. Force Majeure – The owner cannot accept responsibility or liability for any alterations, delay or cancellation or any other loss or damage caused by war, civil strife, terrorist action, industrial disputes, fire, sickness, bad weather, epidemics, acts of any government or public authority, or any other event outside our control.
21. COVID-19 – You must not travel and remain in your own home if in the 14 days prior to your arrival any of the following conditions are met. (a) You or a member of your party or your household tests positive for COVID-19, (b) You or a member of your party or your household are contacted by the NHS Test and Trace service and advised to self isolate, (c) You or a member of your party or your household has knowingly been in close contact with somebody who has tested positive, has been advised to self isolate or is displaying symptoms of COVID-19, (d) If you or a member of your party is showing symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. has a new sore throat, cough or temperature). If you or a member of your party develop COVID-19 symptoms during your stay you must inform us immediately. We will work with you to determine the appropriate course of action according to government advice at the time. We have COVID-19 information in your welcome pack in the Thatched Cottage and also ask the hirer to check the government websites regularly. Please note Scotland guidance is different from the rest of the UK. If for any reason you cannot travel home due to being unwell with symptoms, the hirer will be liable for full payment for any extra days added at the nightly rate you paid for your booking. On departure we currently require all guests to remove all used bedding, towels and place in the laundry bags provided in the utility room. Also if all rubbish can please be removed from the property on departure and placed in the bins outside. This is to keep us and our cleaners safe. Thank you for your help.
It is important that if the hirer or any of the party staying at the Thatched Cottage start to show symptoms of COVID-19 whilst staying at the property, please inform us immediately and arrange to return home. If for any reason you cannot travel home due to being unwell and need to extend your stay, the hirer will be liable to pay the full costs of any extended nights at £320/night. This will be due prior to any extended stay.